Sunday, October 22, 2017

Art Immersion / Workshop




Do you wish you painted better? Are you looking to hone your skills as an artist?
How about an Art Immersion!

What is that specifically? 

It is plunging yourself fully into a week of art. It's more than a workshop. It's a personalized educational experience. An educational experience that is designed uniquely for you and addresses your own art improvement needs.

Where are you in your art journey? Are you a beginner? Have you been painting for awhile, selling, but still strive to improve your work? Are you blocked? Do you feel like you keep working at it, but nothing's really changing? Nothing is improving? Are you an advanced painter who desires a week away, to a new environment, that offers instructional benefits? If so, this Art Immersion is for you!

What would an Art Immersion look like?

Consider spending a week living with an artist. Conversations evolve around art all day long. You paint all week as though you were on a painting vacation. A painting vacation that includes instructions to help you through whatever is blocking you from achieving the results you desire.

If you don't know me yet, I'm Susan Roux. I own the largest art gallery in Portland Maine (3000 sq. ft.). I teach 5 classes a week at the gallery, from raw beginners to advanced students. I've been teaching for over 20 years and still love helping people improve their skills. I have a great eye. I can help you see what your work is missing. Together let's change your work to the "wow" you desire!

This is what the Art Immersion package at Roux & Cyr International Fine Art Gallery looks like.

It's Monday. You arrive in Portland, ME where I will meet you and take you to my home in Poland Spring. You will have a private room for the week and share my home including use of my kitchen. Tuesday through Saturday we travel to the gallery during my usual work hours. Once there you will set yourself up and begin painting. You have the option to set up in the studio space or at the front windows of the gallery. I am available to discuss your art, your desires towards your art and be your personal teacher and advisor for the week.

I will also be doing my usual gallery duties, so learning how the in's and out's of the gallery world works is available information to you. You catch it all. Where art is created, displayed and sold. You will be there during my 5 weekly classes, with the option to share our studio space or paint separately at the front window. You may choose to try both.


My hours are long. The gallery is located in the center of Portland, which is a lovely walking city known for it's amazing food. Since this is a unique educational experience designed specifically for you, you choose how that experience develops. Maybe you want to do some plein air painting? Maybe you want to take in a photo shoot? Maybe you want to take the ferry to the islands in Casco Bay. Maybe you want to enjoy some quiet time on the rooftop patio overlooking the city and ocean? Whatever works to inspire you during this immersion is acceptable. You get to design what your experience will be like.


You leave on Sunday. I'll take you to the Portland airport or bus/train station. You can choose to fly out on Saturday evening if you'd prefer. I am available to bring you to the airport after 5:00.

A little about your host... Susan Roux

You need to know I have a humorous personality. I'm smart and serious when need be but have no problems being silly and funny. I'm very comfortable hosting people and you will be made to feel at home right from the start. My gallery is warm, inviting and uplifting. It is a welcoming environment to work in, not one that is unapproachable. My students love me and I love them too. You will enter into that part of my life. Be prepared to learn and laugh. I laugh a lot at the gallery.

Drinking wine is acceptable, sometimes encouraged, as I find it helps many students relax enough to tap into their creative side. For some it helps them find courage to try something new, something scary, something that's holding them back.

I am neat and clean, but not to a fault.



Daily hours includes traveling time:
(leaving and arriving from and to my Poland Spring home)

Tuesday: 9:30-9:30
Wednesday: 9:30-9:30
Thursday: 9:30-9:30
Friday: 9:30-6:00
Saturday: 9:30-6:00

Cost for one week Art Immersion: $1000

This includes room, use of home kitchen, art education, travel pick up and delivery in Portland, ME.

Please call to make arrangements. 207-576-7787 As part of the uniqueness of this program, you can select a week that suits your schedule.

Let's get you Immersed In Art!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, such a wonderful idea, I am curious if you have an option for a local commuter package for someone who lives a town away from Portland, and who could go to the gallery from open to close (or whenever you are there) for the week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri. This is an excellent question. Thank you for asking it. Yes locals can certainly participate. The cost for a week with me during my time in the gallery is $500. Are you interested?

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! Yes I am but will have to wait till next year when my vacation time renews. What time of year would be best for this in your opinion?

      Delete
    3. Winter /Spring are slower in the gallery. If you were from away, I would choose Summer/Fall, but in your case, I'd opt for the first option.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I'll be in touch about doing this. I am thinking in the Spring! ❤️ Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.