Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thank you


Cape with a View
Original oil painting  18x24"
by Susan Roux

I'd like to thank everyone who came to the art walk last night. It was a fun evening and your show of support, made it feel extra special. I really liked lingering and chatting with you.

A typical conversation during an opening is finding out what people's favorite painting is. It's easy to see that people have varied taste and you could almost envision their selections matching their personalities. Even my dear friend Ell who said she'd be hard pressed if she had to choose a favorite among them. (She's the type that wouldn't leave anyone out...) How can you beat that?

The art had been up all week and the pub owner let me know about all the wonderful compliments he'd received about my work. He also told me of a client who wanted to buy the entire collection! He said the gentleman would be coming to meet me. Unfortunately he didn't. The thought of someone buying out your entire show is an exciting one indeed! Even if he never came to introduce himself, it still brought a new level of excitement to the night. Perhaps like my friend Ell, he too was hard pressed to choose a favorite.

I have to say, the top contender as favorite was Dream Strolling. 

Dream Strolling  18x24"

I know you've seen it several times before, even as a work in progress, but I keep taking new photos of it to try to capture it better. Sorry to say, this one is still quite shy of capturing the feeling in this piece. It's my favorite in the show as well. I found it comforting to know my judgement was in tune with the vast majority. 

So far no sales from the event... It does stay up for the remainder of the month, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that before it comes down someone will approach me with a sale. After all the entire collection was nearly bought out!

If you missed the event, you can still see it all month at Dock Fore, 336 Fore St. Portland, ME. It's in the Old Port. Stop by and tell Shaun I sent you. 

Earlier in the day, Charlie from the The Wright Gallery contacted me saying he was putting a check in the mail for two paintings he'd sold. All in all, yesterday was a very good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.