Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cape Magic


Cape Magic
Original oil painting 18x24"
by Susan Roux


Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Not only a day for lovers, but also a day to let those you love know how special they are to you. Its also a day to celebrate and appreciate anything else you love. Like painting!

Isn't it funny how everything always comes back to art?

I never sat to blog yesterday. I got up at four in the morning to paint. It was as though something unleashed or maybe something finally came together, but this romantically soft scene is what poured out of me. I couldn't stop painting. No washes. No dripping color. Direct, alla-prima, raw paint to canvas approach. I had fun.

I'm keeping this brief so you can have more time with whatever, or whoever, you love.

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. Susan, this is beautiful....I can almost feel that sunlight :)

    Happy Heart Day,
    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan and Mike ! Happy Valentines Day!!!
    Love,love and love!!!! Grigorij and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've extended the sunshine blog award to you! Please come to my blog and receive!

    Cheers,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.