Saturday, February 20, 2010

Beach Path


Beach Path
Original oil painting 14x18"
by Susan Roux

I don't know what's happening, but everything is falling right into place. I've been painting since 5:30 this morning (its now 2 in the afternoon) and I'm afraid to stop. I've finished three paintings already. Odd thing is, I like them!

Oh, why don't these days come more often?

Do you recognize this painting? I posted it unfinished a few days ago. I was toiling with the front grasses and my colors were turning to mud. Well today, I didn't hesitate. I mixed a deeper golden shade than was previously there and with broad assertive strokes I pounded the color in quickly without thought.

Like magic, it left some of the highlighted grasses exposed. A few calculated daintier strokes and voila, it was finished! A little adjusting to the light in the remainder of the painting to work with this new gold and suddenly I had captured what I set out to.

Can you hear me giggling with happiness?

Now that its done, I want to dream I'm walking down that path. Wouldn't going to the ocean be wonderful about now? Seems I've been daydreaming a lot lately...

I wonder if it has something to do with why things are suddenly falling into place? I'd better keep right on dreaming, just in case.

May your daydreams be filled with golden sunshine and relaxing beaches...

3 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Your "Beach Path" is just spot on!!! such a success..well done..and you should be giggling. I love when I have painting days like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I can almost feel the sand beneath and in between my toes. I can almost smell the air and feel the breeze. It's snowy here and I'm not sure if I'd run as fast as I could down that path to the shore to wet my feet in the ocean, or just take my time and take it all in! This is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.